FAQFor more on Corporate Coaching, please click here.
You may choose to bring one immediate topic, such as dealing with a relationship difficulty, going for interview, handling change or stress in your life, or you may want to look broadly at your personal and working life and give it a complete MOT.
What can I talk about?
What will we do?My approach as a Life Coach is partly to structure sessions (using the GROW Model) and partly to work intuitively, enabling you to learn & grow through self-discovery, creativity and reflection. Life Coaching may involve activities, discussion, questioning and goal setting with action plans to reach them, backed by continual support & encouragement to keep you moving forward. You can expect to explore new ways of thinking & achieving & become more self-reliant. At the end of each session you go away with an agreed, manageable Action Plan.
For your free 15 minute consultation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 020 8922 3140 Text or call: 07956 663151
How many sessions do I need?Everyone is different with diverse needs and I like to offer clients flexibility. You may achieve your goals after 4-6 sessions, perhaps returning at a later date to pursue new goals. Coaching can also be taken over a longer period for ongoing support and personal development. Coaching works best if sessions are on a regular basis, weekly, fortnightly or monthly, to support you in attaining your goals.
What is an Action Plan?At the end of each session, we agree an Action Plan for you to carry out before our next session, so that you are constantly moving towards your goals.
Who is it for? Is it for me?Answer the simple quiz. See if you answer YES to one or more questions
- Are you at a point in your life where you’d like to review where you are and make plans for the future?
- Would it help to have a confidential, non-judgmental environment to talk over your dilemmas, & plan new directions
- Do you feel you're not fulfilling your potential?
- Would you like to feel more confident and positive about life and work?
- Would you like to raise your self-esteem & be more assertive?
- Would it help to talk about relationship difficulties, personal or at work, & find ways to manage them?
- Do you have a dilemma or decision you’d like to think over with someone who can support you objectively to find a way forward?
- Would you like to present yourself more confidently?
- Are you job hunting and feel you don't do yourself justice at interview?
- Do you feel generally stuck and want to MOT your life & work & focus on your personal development?
How can life coaching benefit me?As a coach, I believe you have the answers to problems and difficulties and I will support you to find your solutions and to:
- Clarify what you want to achieve, short & long term
- Expand your self-awareness
- Increase your confidence & self-esteem
- Learn & practice new skills, such as assertiveness
- Sharpen your CV, do yourself justice at interview & deliver a winning presentation
- Create strategies & action plans to attain your goals & achieve a greater sense of personal & professional well-being
Am I too young at 18, too old at 50?Whether you are a student starting out, a middle manager thinking of the next step, a top achiever at the height of your career or about to retire, Life Coaching is a powerful motivator, whatever your age. I will support you every step of the way, offering encouragement, practical strategies and the skills you need.
Will I learn new skills?
As an experienced skills trainer in assertiveness, communication and confidence building, I offer a unique opportunity to complement your life coaching with the skills you need to attain your goals.
1-2-1 Skills Training allows you to develop skills at your own pace to enable you to:
- Assert yourself
- Be a first-class listener
- Deal with bullying, difficult people & awkward customers
- Coach & manage your staff
- Handle anger, resolve conflict
- Manage pressure, stress and time
- Impress at interviews & presentations
- Speak confidently in public
- Write succinctly and effectively
What is assertiveness?The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention (Oscar Wilde)
Assertiveness is a non-aggressive form of behaviour that encourages you to be more aware of your needs, feelings and opinions & express them appropriately while being sensitive to the needs, feelings & opinions of others. You learn a treasure trove of verbal and non-verbal skills to enable you to communicate clearly and succinctly, be able to ask and refuse, respond to criticism without getting defensive and confront difficult behaviours in others. By becoming more assertive you can have more honest, open relationships & you will find your levels of confidence and self-esteem will correspondingly grow.
What is bullying? Am I being bullied?Bullying is persistent verbal &/or physical behaviour where you feel personally targetted and picked on and is likely to have a profound emotional impact. The symptoms are similar to those you experience when you are stressed, such as headaches, stomach knots, sleepless nights and fatigue. As bullying takes hold you are likely to feel depressed and withdraw. In a work situations you may feel demotivated, panicky, you may make more errors than usual, feel ill and dread going to work. Your self-esteem will be hit hard.
Can you help with stress? What is stress?To understand stress is the first step towards managing it. Stress comes from the old French word 'destresse' = 'to be oppressed' and means 'the inability to cope with the demands of a situation'. By exploring the specific causes of stress, we can find strategies to prevent, reduce and manage stress levels. Where relevant this may include developing assertiveness or time management skills or working on rebuilding lost self-esteem.
Location, Location. Where does coaching take place?Life Coaching and Executive Coaching can be by face to face meeting in North West London or alternatively on the telephone to avoid travel time or if you live at a distance. It may also be on site in your organisation by arrangement and corporate rates apply.
North London Location
I offer Life Coaching and 1-2-1 Training to clients at my comfortable London office overlooking a tropical garden. The office is near Golders Green & Finchley in North London and is local to North West London including Barnet, Camden, Edgware, Finchley, Hampstead, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Harrow, Hendon, Highgate, Muswell Hill, Pinner, Southgate, Stanmore, St John's Wood and Swiss Cottage. I can also be easily reached from north, south, east and west London via the A406 North Circular Road, Finchley Road and A1000, which runs from Hertfordshire to Oxford Street. Accessible from Borehamwood, Elstree, Hadley, Hertford, Radlett, St. Albans (Hertfordshire). I also offer Life Coaching and Executive Coaching on the telephone.